This post contains affiliate links which help support One Simple Party. As always, we only recommend things that we truly love. Full disclosure here.
Awhile back I ordered a mini donut pan. I didn’t realize how mini they really meant these donuts to be. Unfortunately, it could not be returned and has been sitting in my bakeware pile ever since. I couldn’t figure out why anyone would want to make donuts so small until I started brainstorming recipe ideas for a little pumpkin baby shower.
Any pumpkin treat would be perfect for a pumpkin themed baby shower, but guests are big fans of bite sized treats that they can help themselves too. Mini baby pumpkin donuts are just the sweet treat this party needs. These bite sized morsels are easy to eat and guests are sure to want to savor a few at a time. Ours are topped with a cinnamon, maple sugar and melted butter. If you don’t have maple sugar, substitute brown sugar for a similar natural taste.
Adapted from a pumpkin cake doughnuts from King Arthur Flour
Yields 60 mini doughnuts
You Will Need:
2 Non-Stick Donut Pan, 20-Cavity – two pans will make baking go faster, but one is fine
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
4 tablespoons of melted butter
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
3 tablespoons of maple sugar (you can also use brown sugar)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour two Non-Stick Donut Pans.
2. Beat together oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder. Stir in the flour.
3. Fill each donut cup halfway with batter. (Tip – If you fill up the donut cups too high, you no longer have donuts. Make sure you can see the top of the middle when filling.)
4. Bake each pan for 10 to 12 minutes. Pop donuts out of the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
5. Melt butter in a shallow bowl. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Dip each donut into the butter and then dip into sugar topping.
Serve these mini baby pumpkin donuts stacked on small cake plates or set out on decorative serving trays. They’re a delicious addition to any pumpkin themed dessert table.
Have you entered this week’s giveaway? You could win a hand crafted advent or Thanksgiving count down calendar! Check out here for more information.