If I could choose when I would have been born, I think I would have aimed for late March or early April. Then, I could have always had a birthday around Easter and made it a bunny party.
Okay, I know that would have been only cool for a year or two, but I would have enjoyed those years.
Bunny themed celebrations are so much fun in the spring. I love hosting egg hunts, going on visits with the Easter bunny or attending a pretty outdoor gathering. And Easter is finally a time to get outside (here in the South, Easter can be quite warm) and spend hours in the springtime sunshine.
Now that I’ve made you want to host your own spring bunny party, I have the perfect bunny gift bag to send guests home with. This easy no sew bunny gift bag is perfect for Easter egg hunts, bunny themed favors or any springtime celebration. I even think they would be perfect for guests to collect Easter eggs in at a hunt.
Each bunny gift bag measures 8″ x 10″, which is large enough to store a number of eggs. You could even fill them with bunny themed favors and send home with guests. They are sure to use the sweet bag many times after the celebration is over!
You Will Need:
8- by 10-Inch Cotton Muslin Bags with Drawstring (affiliate) (you can create these favor bags in a smaller size, but you will need to adjust the size of your bunny template)
Colorful polka dot quarters
Coordinating puffy paint
Heat’n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive (affiliate)
Medium white pom poms (affiliate)
Fabric Puffy Paint (affiliate)
1. Print out the free printable bunny template or find your own bunny design. Cut out your bunny design.
2. Lay out your paper bunny design on the back side of the fabric. Make sure it is facing the opposite way you want it to look on the final bag (you will flip it around at the end). Trace the paper bunny shape onto the back side of your fabric using a pen or pencil. Cut out the fabric bunny.
3. Cut a piece of heat bond paper (affiliate) to the approximate size of the bunny, leaving a generous border around it.
4. Check that your bunny is flat underneath the paper. Place the bunny and the heat bond paper on top of a towel or other soft surface. (Since some of the webbing can come off onto the towel when ironing, choose something that you don’t care about any more!) Using an iron on medium heat, carefully iron on the heat bond paper to the back of the bunny. Let cool.
6. Cut the bunny shape out of the paper.
Carefully, peel off the back of the paper. Place the bunny in the center of the cotton bag.
7. Using a medium heat iron, iron the bunny onto the bag making sure that all parts stick down.
Glue on a medium white pom pom (affiliate) onto the bottom of the bunny for a tail.
8. Sketch out the child’s name underneath the bunny using a pencil.
Trace the child’s name with fabric puffy paint (affiliate). Let the bag completely dry before using.
Fill your no sew bunny gift bag with sweet treats, filled plastic eggs or other Easter goodies. Or give to guests empty at your celebration and let them fill with Easter eggs at an egg hunt.
Looking for more ways to make your Easter celebration bunny-rific? Check out these fun Easter designs in our shop now.