Last updated on February 15th, 2021
This post contains affiliate links which help support One Simple Party. As always, we only recommend things that we truly love. Full disclosure here.
Little Bug loves crafting. It’s so great to fuel her creative spirit at a young age. Usually I make the crafts with Little Bug, but I thought this one should be a family affair. So we created this colorful turkey handprint craft. Who doesn’t need a set of colorful handprint turkeys to brighten up their holiday.
The best part is that this turkey handprint craft is really easy to make and fun for the whole family.
And Mr. Mountaineer was happy that there wasn’t any paint involved. It was one of our cleaner crafting attempts. This should make many moms quite happy!
You Will Need:
Colored Cardstock – including red and orange (affiliate)
Wiggly Eyes (we used the 1/2 inch version for a more cartoonish look) (affiliate)
Mini Clothespins (affiliate) (for the kid size turkeys) and Regular Clothespins (affiliate) (for the adult turkeys)
1. Trace your child’s hand using a pencil. Make a tracing of every hand in the family on different colored cardstock.
2. Cut out the hands.
3. On the back of the hands, glue a feather on each finger (not the thumb).
4. Cut out a shape from red cardstock for the turkey’s gobble. Make a triangle from orange cardstock for the beak. Glue the gobble and beak onto the thumb.
5. On the front of the thumb, add the wiggly eye. Let your turkey dry.
6. Once dry, add clothespins to the bottom of the Thanksgiving handprint craft to let them stand. Use mini wooden clothespins (affiliate) for the little hands and regular clothespins (affiliate) for the adult hands.
Display your family of handprint turkeys in an entry, on a mantle or as a table centerpiece. The best part, besides making this Thanksgiving handprint craft together as a family, was hearing Little Bug gobble like a turkey. She really has her “gobble gobble” down!