Free Printable Pumpkin Decorating Awards
This post contains affiliate links which help support One Simple Party. As always, we only recommend things that we truly love. Full disclosure here.
After the pumpkins have been decorated and treats enjoyed together, it’s time to give out the pumpkin decorating awards. Everyone loves to get an award and kids enjoy having their work recognized too. These adorable little pumpkin decorating awards are a sweet keepsake from a fun day of making art and a nice way celebrate fun pumpkins. Simply download our free printable pumpkin decorating awards, punch out and create your award ribbon. No time? Skip the ribbon part and just hand out punched out circles. The kids are sure to love it just as much.
You Will Need:
free printable pumpkin decorating awards
Bright White Cardstock, 65 lb (affiliate)
Orange, black and green patterned scrapbook paper
2 inch punched black circles
Standard Scoring Board (affiliate)
Glue Dots (affiliate)
Mega Craft Punch, 2-1/2-Inch Circle (affiliate) or 3 inch Scallop Punch (affiliate)
Other embellishments – optional
1. Print our free printable pumpkin decorating awards. Punch out using a two and a half inch circle punch or 3 inch scallop.
2. Cut two inch wide by twelve inch long strips of scrapbook paper. Using a scoring board, score the strip every half inch. You will need two pieces to create your rosette.
Fold your rosettes along the score lines to create an accordion.
3. Attach two pieces of scrapbook paper together using glue dots.
Carefully bend into a tight circle shape. Stuff the inside of the circle with glue dots to keep the rosette from losing its shape.
Glue a black circle onto the back of the rosette. Place something heavy (I found paint bottles worked really well) on top and let dry.
4. Attach the award circle to the front of the rosette using glue or glue dots. Let dry.
4. Cut two 6 inch pieces of the wide black grosgrain ribbon. Fold the ends and snip to create a triangle finish.
5. Glue the ribbon on the back of the award.
Add other embellishments such as other ribbon or strands of beads.
Let your awards completely dry overnight before giving them out at the pumpkin painting party.
After the paint has dried, present the pumpkins with their awards. Use packing or masking tape to adhere to the pumpkins.
At the end of the get together, invite the kids to stroll around the pumpkins to admire their friends work. You might even consider giving each child a few awards to give out themselves and recognize others masterpieces.